Friday, May 10, 2013

Immediate gratification with annuals

Well... almost immediate!  After doing so much work lately on a lot of different projects, I really felt the need to add some immediate beauty to my surroundings.  I ran out and picked up some annuals the other day and finally had the chance to plant them all today after our much needed rain finally stopped.









I also picked up a handful of perennials.  For the front of the house, I planted some poppies.


My family bought the angel for me! :-)  Being big Dr. Who fans you can guess how often it is moved around the garden!  Another addition I made was some stone pavers to make a nice path to the faucet.  These will also come in handy in guiding where we need to shovel in the winter for access to where we have to hook up our generator when we need it.







The chickens were lucky enough to get something out of my work today too!  One side of my walkway had a big infestation of grubs just under the mulch.




I am really looking forward to seeing how everything fills in next to the comfrey, daisies lemon balm, lavender, and other perennials that are growing well.



No comments:

Post a Comment